Sharing is caring.
There is cheer and beauty in the garden. Mini sunflowers can be grown if you do n’t have room for a giant plant.
Mini sunflowers add a cheerful burst of color to your outdoor spaces and are easy to grow in flower pots. It ‘s easy to grow a small sunflower variety.
Small Sunflowers with sunny yellow blooms and green leaves
Keep reading to learn how to grow mini sunflowers and how to keep them healthy.
What are they called ?
dwarf sunflowers are the most common mini sunflowers. The flowers grow to heights of less than 36 inches. Depending on the variety, you can find different types of mini sunflowers, as well as flowers that look like small sunflowers, but are n’t.
How tall are miniature sunflowers ?
Mini sunflowers grow to heights of no more than a few feet. Some sunflowers grow in a bush while others grow on single stems.
How long do mini sunflowers last ?
If the plants are properly cared for, they will bloom throughout the late summer and fall. To prolong the bloom time, deadhead the spent blossoms so the plant can focus on producing more flowers.
The flowers look like mini sunflowers.
Some plants look like mini sunflowers. Black-eyed Susan, also known as Rudbeckia, is a flower that looks like miniature sunflowers. The false sunflowers, bush daisy, and yellow daisies are not the same as small sunflowers.
There are benefits to sunny.
There are lots of benefits to growing miniature sunflower plants outdoors. There are benefits to small sunflowers.
- It ‘s great for fresh flowers.
- Good choice for growing in pots.
- Saving to grow again or growing seeds for the birds.
- The type of plant is low maintenance.
- Due to small size, there is more flexibility with where to grow them.
I am sure you can find other benefits of growing small sunflowers, but this is enough to convince me. I ‘m hooked!
Mini Sunflowers can be grown.
It should be easy to learn how to grow mini sunflowers. Follow the simple steps to keep your plants healthy.
You have to decide if you will grow a mini sunflower plant from seed or purchase a potted plant from a garden center.
Starting from the beginning.
It ‘s easy to start flowers from seed.
- Before you start, make sure your soil is in a bin, bucket, or basin.
- Prepare an egg carton or seed tray with some soil.
- The seed is about 12 inch deep.
- The seed tray can be moved under grow lights or into a sunny window.
- To watch for signs of growth, monitor the soil daily.
Mini sunflowers are being grown in pots.
If you purchase or plant them yourself, consider these tips for growing miniature sunflowers in pots and planters.
- You can choose a sunny spot on your deck or patio.
- Before planting, make sure you add drainage holes to the pot.
- If buying from a nursery, plan to transplant the plants into a larger pot. For the healthiest growing conditions, look for a 1 to 2 gallon pot.
Small Sunflowers Growing in a Pot – I rescued these flowers from a clearance rack at a garden center.
There are care tips.
These mini sunflowers care tips will help your plants thrive.
- You should aim for at least 6 hours of sunlight to make your small sunflowers happy.
- To make sure the plants get enough water to thrive, watch the soil. About an inch of water per week is what sunflowers like. The weather should be kept in mind and adjusted as needed.
- The soil type is the best for most sunflowers. Avoid packed soil. If the soil still drains well, it may be okay.
It is easy to grow sunflowers, so give it a try.
If you like sunflowers, you have to check out the red branching ones we grew in our garden. They are my favorite flower to date.
Do you have any questions about the mini sunflowers ?
If you want to chat, hit us up in the comments. We would love to hear from you.