- 1 What is a common daisy (Bellis perennis) ?
What is a common daisy (Bellis perennis) ?
Common daisy characteristics
The English common name is daisy flower, common daisy, lawn daisy, English daisy, dog daisy, bairnwort, bruisewort or woundwort.
The English name derives from the fact that daisy flowers open during the day and close when the sun goes down.
Not to be confused with oxeye daisy.
Reading: Characteristics of daisy plant
Bellis perennis L is a scientific name.
Bellis derives from latin bellus, which means pretty or beautiful flower. Perennial plant does not lose leaves in winter.
Bellis hortensis and Bellis pumila are Taxonomic Synonyms.
Compositae is a family.
The plant is native to central and northern Europe. Widespread in Asia Minor and naturalized in North America and New Zealand.
Habitat: where to find daisy flowers?
Daisy is a perennial plant found in Europe, forests, streams and road margins. Especially found in pine forests. It is resistant to frost.
Almost worldwide, cultivated as an ornamental or wild.
Characteristics of common daisy
Daisy is a perennial plant with stems from the Compositae family.
In the picture, there is a botanical illustration of the plant parts of a daisy.
The common daisy can grow up to 20 cm high. It has some rhizomatic roots.
Daisy leaves have spatulate and are bright green. The leaf size is between 2 and 5 cm. The leaves are in a pattern.
A floral head is a characteristic of this plant. There are tens or hundreds of tiny flowers in this type of inflorescence. The flower head is between 16 and 25mm. It ‘s in diameter.
Each floral head is devoid of leaves from 13 to 20 cm high. There are flowers in a flower head.
The Maya plant flowers are in bloom until late summer.
There is a structure to the daisy flowers. There are tubular hermaphrodite yellow flowers in the middle of the flower head.
What is a flower head?
A flower head is formed by many flowers gathered together, resembling a single flower. The central flowers are surrounded by ray florets, which are a type of flowers in Compositae plants that look like the petals of the whole inflorescence.
The flower head looks like a single flower. The female flowers of the floral head are removed when we play “ she loves me, she loves me not ”.
There are Ray florets of a daisy, which are white, pink and colorful. It ‘s a honey plant.
What does daisy mean?
When the sun goes down or there is bad weather, Daisy flowers are open. The plant is called daisy because it comes from the day ‘s eye.
Daisy flowers follow a heliotropism that aims to follow the sun.
These flowers are pollinated by insects. There is more information about video pollinating a flower.
The fruit is pale, flat and pubescent. The seed lies inside. Humans and wild animals spread the seeds.
A daisy is an inflorescence. It is part of the Compositae family.
ed of many tiny flowers, yellow, arranged in a flower head or floral disc.
There are parts of a flower in the picture. One or tiny tubular flowers that make up the flower head center with 5 slots, germ and stigma, and one of the female ray florets of the peripheral part of the disc, in the form of a spoke, comprising germ, stigma and style.
Uses of the different parts of a daisy plant
Daisy is a weed.
- The leaves of the daisy plant can be used as food, raw or cooked. The young leaves are eaten in salads. The new leaves are rich in vitamins. It ‘s possible to add a corn salad to the sandwich. The leaves can be used in many different ways. When cooked, the fresh leaves have a sweet and slightly sour taste.
The leaves can be used to make a mosquito repellent.
- The flowers of Daisy are delicious. Salads contain flower buds and petals. Green shoots can be eaten. The flowers taste similar to walnuts and can be eaten in salads.
The properties of Daisy were already registered. The flowers are macerated in water to make a cough remedy. mucus and rheumatism are removed. Daisy preparations help heal wounds.
Learn about its properties.
Composition of daisy
- Glucose, rhamnose, and arabinose are some of theCarbohydrates.
- There is a specific type of animal that has a specific type of animal that has a specific type of animal that has a specific type of animal that has a specific type of animal that has a specific type of animal that has a specific type of animal that has a specific type of animal that has
- Fiber is used for mucilage.
- daisy leaves have high levels of vitamins C and D. The amount of vitamins C per 100 g. The leaves are fresh. This content is similar to lemons.
- The saponins are triterpenoid. There are triterpenoid esters 1 and 2. There is high content in the roots.
- apigenin, kaempferol, Quercetin are some of the Flavonoids.
- Tartaric acid and Malic acid are related.
- Oxalates have oxalates and we recommend boiling the leaves before eating. Oxalates are left in the water.
- Anthoxanthin is in yellow dye.
Plants with leaves.
There is a seed plant.
There is a flower plant.
|Family||Asteraceae o Compositae|
The Bellis spp. There are various types of daisies.
- An annual daisy is a flower with an annual cycle.
- Small perennial daisy that remains evergreen is the common daisy. Common in central and northern Europe. Widespread in Asia Minor and naturalized in North America and New Zealand.
- The Southern daisy has larger leaves and bigger flowers than Bellis perennis.
Some authors believe that the gender of this species, Bellis, derives from latin bellum, which means war, in reference to its leaves that help heal wounds.
The German rulers were angry with the flower in the 18th century. It was banned and destroyed nationwide because of its abortifacient properties. There is no evidence yet that this plant is an abortifacient.
Belides nymph underwent voluntary transformation to hide from the god of gardens and shepherds who pursued her, according to Roman mythology.
Christians think the flower came from the tears of Mary Magdalene.
More information about daisy.
This article was endorsed by
The article was endorsed by a technical agricultural engineer.
It was written by someone.
The team is in charge of writing.
13 August, 2022.