Richard Hale is a tattoo enthusiast who studies and researches tattoo symbolism.
The public domain.
The dogwood blossom is a beautiful flower that can be used as a tattoo. The dogwood tree has been a symbol for a long time. We will review its various meaning and design options in this article.
1 / 13
There is symbolism in Christianity.
The crucifixion of Jesus was the reason why the dogwood is considered a Christian symbol. The Romans thought it would be a good cross since it has strong bark.
The dogwood was said to be unhappy being used in such a way. Jesus is said to have understood how the dogwood tree felt. It is said that after being nailed to the cross, Jesus spoke to the dogwood.
The dogwood tree will not grow large enough to be used as a cross because of your regret and pity. Its blossoms will be in the form of a cross, two long and two short petals, and it will be slender and bent. There are nail prints in the center of the petals and a crown of thorns in the center of the flower, and all who see them will remember that I was crucified on a dogwood tree.
The dogwood tree is said to have grown as large as the oak tree. It only grows a few feet tall today.
1 / 12
There are facts about the tree.
- Pink, red, white, and purple are some of the colors of the blossoms. You have the option of choosing any of these, a combination of these, or any other color.
- There are around 40 different types of dogwood trees.
- The dogwood has an interesting fact about it. The bark was used to cure dog mange. It was later called the “ dogwood ” tree due to this.
- The bark was used to treat cold symptoms in humans.
- Dogwood can be used for furniture, tool handles, golf clubs, and shuttle blocks. It is used in a wide range of applications.
There is a tattoo meaning.
Dogwood tattoo meanings are positive.
- There is a rebirth.
- It is endurance.
- There is stability.
- There is a crucifixion.
- It is Remembrance.
- The love is enduring.
The dogwood flower tattoo symbolizes what you want it to be.
1 / 20
There are tattoo design options.
- Since the dogwood flower is associated with Christianity, it might be designed with a variety of Christian symbols and elements like the cross, Jesus, praying hands, a rosary, Bible quotes, angels, or cherubs.
- If you are trying to stick with symbols of Christianity, the dove is a great design combination. Faith, love, and hope can be represented by the dove.
- The flowers may be designed with swallows, butterflies, or hummingbirds.
- Since dogwood flower tattoos come in a variety of different designs, they can be tattooed anywhere on the body.
- You can portray a flower, a small branch, or the entire tree.
Before you get a tattoo, you need to remember some important things. It ‘s important that you take the time to research. You do n’t want to get a tattoo without knowing the meaning and symbolism behind it. It ‘s important that you do n’t rush to get inked. Those who do it on impulse will regret it. Do n’t make a mistake.
Richard Ricky Hale is a trademark.
Richard Ricky Hale is from West Virginia.
Max, thank you for the comment. I understand. I do n’t have time to write an article. I am over a month late and I try to keep in contact. So sorry. See you soon pal.
On August 23, 2012 there was a BeyondMax from Australia.
Ricky, I wish you could have it in a small book so I could enjoy it on the go.
Richard Ricky Hale is from West Virginia.
The person is named Alastar.
I ‘m so thankful for all of you. Thanks again for your time, comments, votes, and everything in between. Alocsin is a great point. Two people can look alike. The dogwood has more parts on it than the cherry blossom. They are mistaken a lot. You right, Alastar. That would be my guess. Many states use the dogwood as a symbol. I appreciate that you notice the hard work. It has been a difficult task. It ‘s always worth it to be thanked. Ruby, Faith, you are all lucky. I would love to have one. Maybe one day. Bill, you should read it and take it in. Thank you ladies very much. Take care of yourself.
Movie Master from the United Kingdom.
The dogwood tattoo is gorgeous.
On August 14, 2012 Aurelio Locsin was from Orange County, CA.
That ‘s what those are. I ‘ve seen a few but thought they were cherry blossoms. I wanted to show how much I know about flowers. Voting this up and beautiful.
Ruby Jean Richert was from Southern Illinois.
The tattoos on the Dogwood are beautiful. I had a tree in my house. I miss it. It was not black. Thank you.
The person is from Daytona Beach, Florida.
Fantastic and colorful.
On August 13, 2012 Faith Reaper was from southern USA.
Growing up in my backyard, we had a lot of dogwood that had been there forever, and I would love Easter, the best of the best, as it was always so special to me. The hub is great. Faith Reaper is in his love.
On August 13, 2012 there was a person from Florida.
Thelyric writer. The photos from your hubs are amazing. The research shows a passion for detail and you ‘ve written it in laymen terms. Anyone studying the art of tattoo design would love this book. I want you to go for it. Excellent work by my friend. Kudos voted up.
On August 13, 2012 there was a person from North Carolina.
Ricky never heard of the Jesus statement. Good information on the symbolism and myths. The person in the picture is from North Caro, which is the State bird and tree. A tree with some nice tats.
Read more: 10 Incredible Facts About January Babies
On August 13, 2012 Bill Holland was from the state of Washington.
My education continues in a foreign land. Great job!