Those who were born in September can claim the flower as their birthday flower. They have large blooms in the summer and early fall. One of the most popular flowers for use in floral arrangements is the aster, it has a wide range of colors including red, white, orange, and various shades of pink and purple.
They are in History.
There are more than 600 different species of these colorful wildflowers. In North America, Europe, Asia and South America, asters can be found. The aster ‘s large flower is not a single flower, but an assortment of many tiny tubular flowers. The aster is named after the Greek word astér, meaning star. They would place asters on altars to pay tribute to the gods.
The origin of the aster flower is thought to have been caused by the lack of stars in the sky. Upset, Virgo began to cry. The flowers grew on each spot where she cried.
Asters became very popular during the Victorian era. The language of flowers was fascinated by the Victorians and they used it to send secret messages to one another. Feelings of love, devotion anddaintiness were conveyed by the aster.
Read more: Lily Flower font download
There are colors and symbols.
- The qualities of faith, wisdom and valor are associated with asters.
- One of the most popular colors of asters is purple. The color purple is associated with wisdom and devotion. Next time you want to make someone you love feel like a king or queen, a bouquet featuring a variety of purple hued flowers is a good idea.
- White flowers are associated with innocence. White asters are an ideal gift to give to someone celebrating an engagement, graduation or starting a new job.
There are fun facts about Asters.
- It was thought that burning asters would protect against snakes.
- The flower of butterflies is the aster. During the peak of their migration, monarch butterflies use the aster as a stop off.
- The seeds of some varieties of asters look like small parachutes, which are carried and spread by the wind.
- There is a connection between the Mediterranean artichoke and the aster. The asteraceae is a scientific classification.
Labor Day is the unofficial end of summer, but you do n’t have to say goodbye to summer so soon. Not when there are so many different types of asters. If you need help caring for your flowers, this article has some great tips.